Download Eduware Connect
Eduware Connect is a small program that allows Eduware's websites to interact with a variety of remotes.
Mac OS X
(Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8)
You do not need Administrative privileges to install Eduware Connect.
Your administrator may have to install the drivers that came with your remote receiver for you.
The old version of the software, called the EduDaemon, is available here
. Do not download this unless an Eduware representative specifically instructs you to download the older version.
Eduware Connect currently supports the following remotes:
- Eduware Large Wands and Mini Wands (Windows and Mac)
- 2Know! Renaissance Responders and NEO Keyboards (Windows and Mac)
- H-ITT Remotes (Windows)
Notes for Eduware/H-ITT Remotes
If you are using Eduware or H-ITT remotes on Windows, the driver is included with the Eduware Connect setup file, and will install if the file is installed by using the Run as Administrator feature of windows
If you are using Eduware remotes with Mac OS X, you will need your system administrator to install the FTDI VCP drivers for your system, available here
Notes for Renaissance Remotes
For Renaissance Remotes, your system must have some Renaissance Learning product installed. You may need to manually start the Renaissance Wireless Server before starting ClickerSchool. This will be automatic in future versions.
The newest version of the EduDaemon contains the following new features:
Eduware Connect installs to a user's APPDATA directory without administrative permissions. In most cases, this allows users to start using Eduware Connect without bothering a network administrator. However, you may want to configure Eduware Connect for your entire school.
- Install Eduware Connect on a user account.
- Go to Start->Run and type %APPDATA% to navigate to AppData. Note that depending on your network setup, this may not be on a local drive.
- Copy the Eduware folder in %APPDATA% to some location accessible to all network users. Since Eduware Connect will auto-update, you should make sure all users have write access to this location, as well. Eduware Connect can be run from any location and does not require any registry settings.
- Eduware Connect only needs to be started for teachers using remotes - the easiest way to accomplish this is to add its full path to your logon script for teachers. Alternatively, you can configure Group Policy to place a shortcut in the "All Users\Programs\Startup" folder.
Copyright © 2011 Eduware Inc. All rights reserved.